– Contemporary Arts Center, New Orleans/US (2019)
– Palais de Tokyo, Paris/FR (2019)
– Ulla von Brandenburg, Kunstmuseum Bonn, Bonn/DE (Nov 01 2018 – Feb. 24 2019)
– Sweet Feast, Whitechapel Gallery, London/UK (Sept. 20 2018 – March 31 2019)
– Ulla von Brandenburg, Institut Mathildenhohe, Museum Künstlerkolonie, Darmstad/DE (June 10 – Sept 19 2018)
– Duel – “Of a Golden Sun”, Museo Novecento, Florence/IT (April 21 – June 21 2018)
Born in 1974 in Karlsruhe, Ulla von Brandenburg lives and works in Paris. Her work is present, among others, by the following institutions: Musée National d’Art Moderne, Centre Pompidou, Paris; Fisher Landau Center For Art, Long Island, NY; Tate Modern, London; The Israel Museum, Jerusalem; Galleria d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea,Torino; FRAC Piemonte, Torino; FNAC, Paris-La défenseKadist Art Foundation, Paris; Fondation Louis Vuitton pour la Creation, Paris; FRAC Ile-de-France, Paris; FRAC Aquitaine, Bordeaux; FRAC Pays de la Loire, Carquefou. Exhibitions : MAMCO, Geneva; Kunstverein, Hannover (2014); Art:Concept, Paris; Secession, Vienna (2013), Installation of Death of a King, Palais de Tokyo, Paris (2012-2013); Le Plateau, FRAC Ile de France, Paris (2011); Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin (2008)
Ulla von Brandenburg’s work is characterised by the diversity in the media she uses, which in turn translates into a thematic concentration. Certain motifs appear in different contexts, performances reger back to ideas in wall paintings, drawings prove themselves to be preliminary studies for films, and the props in films become objects in their own right. Her idea of carnival as a legitimate transgression of social order meets with the notion of mask as a desire for new identity and the confusion of reality and appearance in theatrical stagings.